[tin-dev] (fwd) Re: Tin issue

Urs Janßen urs at tin.org
Mon Feb 20 00:40:08 CET 2017

----- Forwarded message from Walter Alejandro Iglesias <wai at roquesor.com> -----

On Sun, Feb 19, 2017 at 04:56:14PM +0100, Urs Janßen wrote:
> On Sun, Feb 19, 2017 at 02:06:10PM +0100, Walter Alejandro Iglesias wrote:
> > > I can't reproduce that
> > I booted an old laptop I have with Slackware installed.  I could
> > reproduce the issue on Linux too.
>
> just checked with netbsb, no issues there.

To clarify.  This happens to me only when searching within a message
body.  Perforiming a search in groups and threads works perfectly.

> did you link against [n]urses or termcap? the later is not well tested.
> (I guess it's a display problem, lacking to highlight the match on the
> current page due to missing screen redraw or the like).

I'm using the openbsd packaged version.  Now I downloaded the ports and
checked the Makefile.  Here the options used by the packager:

CONFIGURE_ARGS+=        --with-ispell=${LOCALBASE}/bin/ispell \
                        --without-metamail \
                        --without-pgp \
                        --without-pgpk \
                        --with-gpg=${LOCALBASE}/bin/gpg \
                        --without-socks \
                        --without-socks5 \
                        --without-slrnface \
                        --disable-gsasl \
                        --with-screen=ncurses \
                        --with-pcre=${LOCALBASE} \
                        --with-libdir=${PREFIX}/lib/news \
                        --with-spooldir=${VARBASE}/spool/news \
                        --enable-break-long-lines \
                        --enable-ipv6 \
                        --without-x

It uses ncurses.  As far as I know Slackare uses ncurses too.

Now I sent a message to ports at openbsd.org (and CCed to the openbsd tin
port maintainer), let's see if someone else can reproduce the issue.

----- End forwarded message -----