[tin-dev] [tin 2.4.5] snapshots

Urs Janßen urs at tin.org
Fri May 22 12:57:10 CEST 2020

I've made snapshots which should speed up some things:
- multipart threading (but how reads binarie groups with tin these
  days) should be faster
- filtering on Path should be faster esp. when using a local overview
  cache
- entering large groups should be faster due to less hash collisions

Please give it a try ...

<ftp://ftp.tin.org/pub/news/clients/tin/v2.4/snapshots/tin-2.4.5.tar.gz>
<ftp://ftp.tin.org/pub/news/clients/tin/v2.4/snapshots/tin-2.4.5.tar.bz2>
<ftp://ftp.tin.org/pub/news/clients/tin/v2.4/snapshots/tin-2.4.5.tar.xz>>

Changes since the last official release (2.4.4):

 022) Dennis Preiser <dennis at d--p.de>
      BUG. convert_tex2iso with UTF-8 as local charset did map "O to wrong
           char
      BUG. missing termination of conversion table for convert_tex2iso
      ADD. don't show mime parse error for missing end marker if not running
           in debug mode
      ADD. increase hash-table sizes
      ADD. speed up multipart threading
      FIX. tin.h, art.c, charset.c, hashstr.c, screen.c, refs.c, rfc2046.c

 021) Thomas E. Dickey <dickey at invisible-island.net>
      ADD. update configure macros
      ADD. fallback to the bundled pcre if required
      ADD. prefer systemwide libcanlock over bundled one
      FIX. aclocal.m4, configure[.in], Makefile.[in], tin.h

 020) Urs Janssen <urs at tin.org>
      ADD. config.guess, config.sub update
      ADD. document strip_re_regex, strip_was_regex and col_message in manpage
      ADD. configure check for fchmod(2) and fallback to chmod(2) if system
           lacks it (e.g. Interactive UNIX)
      ADD. speed up filter on Path:-header
      BUG. when $TIN_INDEX_NEWSDIR was used INDEX_NEWSDIR was
           automatically appended to the string, but for the '-I' cmd.line it
           wasn't, now '-I' behaves exactly like $TIN_INDEX_NEWSDIR.
      REM. redundant condition
      FIX. art.c, attrib.c, config.c, debug.c, filter.c, init.c, main.c
           memory.c, misc.c, newsrc.c, nrctbl.c, post.c, save.c, thread.c
           tmpfile.c, proto.h, tin.h, tin.[15], configure[.in], autoconf.h[in]
           config.guess, config.sub, en_GB.po

 019) Matt Anton <tin at lv223.org>
      ADD. updated french translation
      FIX. fr.po