[tin-dev] -C and timeout after reconnect

Dennis Preiser dennis at d--p.de
Wed Jun 7 19:43:53 CEST 2023

On Wed, Jun 07, 2023 at 02:49:28PM +0200, Urs Janßen wrote:
> I noticed that when the connection was closed from the servers side
> while I was composing an article the reconnect and post does succeed
> but tin directly terminates afterwards with signal_handler(SIGALRM)
> ("get_server() %d sec elapsed without response", tinrc.nntp_read_timeout_secs)

> Strangely I could only see this when running tin with -C (and the server
> does support it (INN 2.6.1)).
>
> The following should fix that - but please could someone review it?

The code looks good to me and seems to make sense, but it doesn't fix
the problem for me. If I start tin with '-QACg $SERVER', write a
followup and wait for the server to close the connection, tin reconnects
and posts, but then exits with 'NNTP connection error. Exiting...'.
Interestingly it works when I call tin with '-D 1' additionally.

Dennis