[tin-dev] Date with bogus timezone

Valery Ushakov uwe at stderr.spb.ru
Sun Nov 5 14:21:03 CET 2023

Hi, I am reading many mailing lists via gmane with tin.  I came across
some mails with bogus timezone in Date, e.g.

  Date: Wed, 12 Aug 2015 08:13:33 -0453.75

On Ubuntu 22.04 this date ends up parsed as

 Thu, 01 Jan 1970 02:59:59

and on NetBSD 8 as

  Wed, 01 Jan 2070 02:59:59

Which shoves the corresponding threads to the very beginning or the
very end of the list respectively.

I'd like to debug this, and I'd appreciate any quick pointers w.r.t.
which part of the tin source code to look at (which libc function(s)
or tin code is used to parse the Date).  Someone with working
knowledge of tin sources can probably point to the general area off
the top of the head.  Thanks in advance.

-uwe