[tin-dev] (fwd) Possible feature request?

Urs Janßen urs at tin.org
Thu Jun 6 03:39:04 CEST 2024

----- Forwarded message from Nicholas Boel <accessd at pharcyde.org> -----

From: Nicholas Boel <accessd at pharcyde.org>
To: urs at tin.org
Subject: Possible feature request?

Hello Urs,

I hope this email reaches you successfully. I'm (still) a big fan of the tin
newsreader, and was wondering if I could ask for a couple feature requests?

1) "Page line wrap column" currently wraps at that exact column. My request
would be to also wrap at word boundaries at or before that column, so it
doesn't cut words in half when they shouldn't be.

2) For "Display these header fields" and/or "Do not display these header
fields" I would like to be able to use a wildcard or regex as part of the
string. For example, X-Comment-To *SEEN-BY* would not display any headers
containing "X-Comment-To" or "X-FTN-SEEN-BY" or "X-SMAPI-Control: SEEN-BY".

Unless either one of these are already possible, and I'm either not doing it
right, or just don't know how to do it.

Thank you so much for your time!

----- End forwarded message -----