[tin-dev] [tin 2.4.3] snapshots - please test

Corinna Vinschen vinschen at redhat.com
Wed Jul 4 13:00:24 CEST 2018

On Jul  4 09:23, Urs Janßen wrote:
> >> volunteers? ,-)
> >
> > Hmm, the call has changed significantly.  Not that easy...
>
> that's why it's still on the todo list ,-)

> btw. that one was fixed in pcre-8.10
>
> >> the included pcre source is very outdated (> 10 years old now) and should
> >> either be updated or dropped (at least any system wide installed version
> >> should be preferred).
> > Dropping the included pcre would be preferrable, otherwise you get
>
> I'd like to see the current pcre-8.x included instead - pcre-8 is
> feature complete and only gets bug fixes...

Features are not the problem, security fixes are.  External code
bundled into a subdir of "my project" is prone to get outdated
and forgotten, as the current case proves.  Better to *not* bundle
it in the first place and to use the system version instead, which
at least has a chance of regular security updates as necessary.

Corinna

--
Corinna Vinschen
Cygwin Maintainer