[tin-users] Sender Header, again...

G g at nowhere.invalid
Fri Mar 27 09:04:18 CET 2015

Urs Janßen <urs at tin.org> wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 23, 2015 at 11:23:38AM +0000, G wrote:
>> Is it possible to avoid to send that line or use some "fake names",
> [...]
>> Any suggestions? Beside changing the source code.
>
> RTFM?
>
> [tin(5)]
> |    /etc/tin/tin.defaults
> |
> |        Yet another  global  configuration  file  with "variable=value"
> |        pairs.  This  one  is for the more general options which usually
> |        can't be controlled via  ${TIN_LIBDIR:-NEWSLIBDIR}/tinrc and/or
> |        ${TIN_HOMEDIR:-"$HOME"}/.tin/tinrc  like  resetting (to override
> |        the built-in default) the newslibdir.
> |[...]
> |            disable_sender
> |                 Don't  generate  a ''Sender:'' header. This has an effect
> |                 only if inews_prog is set to --internal.

If you mean Read The F.ing Message... (which didn't appear here for some
reason)

In the part you snipped I wrote:

I use tin compiled with NNTP_ONLY and an external provider,
I tried the "disable" but it doesn't work,(because of the NNTP, I think).

So I read the manual and tried it but it doesn't work.

But I modified the code and now it doesn't send it anymore...