[tin-users] Help for filtering regex

Joe joe.on.list at gmail.com
Sun Oct 22 14:52:52 CEST 2017

Thank you,
I had solved by trying a rule like the following:
------------
comment=example
group=ex.ample
case=0
score=kill
from=.*(?!samuelson).*son\.yada at example.net\s\(John\s\b(?!Samuelson).*son\b\).*
-------------

My original regex was based on a pattern like:
John  somethingson <somethingson at example.net>

Then, after a better reading of the tin man and filtering.txt docs, I
realize it converts the From field  to an old-style format before
trying the regex. So I should have considered a different pattern
based on something like the following:

somethingson at example.net (John somethingson)

And finally I reached my goal with the above reported REGEX.

Your confirm about the tin compatibility with PCRE regex is very
useful along your explanation about scoring!

Anyway, just for curiosity, where this information (I mean tin
filtering regex are in pcre style) is "formally" written? I couldn't
find it on the man pages nor at the site docs...

Thank you a lot for your reply!
Bye!