[tin-users] Is it possible to search through a thread?

Chris Green cl at isbd.net
Tue Nov 10 23:54:17 CET 2020

On Tue, Nov 10, 2020 at 11:27:00PM +0100, Urs Janßen wrote:
> In article <mailman.2.1605028305.1458.tin-users at tin.org> you wrote:
> > Is there a way in tin to search for a given string in all the articles
> > of a thread?
>
> |  SearchBody 'B'
> |     Search the body of all articles in group (can be slow).  You
> |     can abort the search using Quit ('q').
>
> and
>
> |  SearchRepeat '\'
> |     Repeat the previous search.

Yes, that's what I thought! :-)

> > I tried 'B' but it didn't seem to do anything useful.
>
> works for me (searches in unread articles, not limited to a thread).

Ah, that's the problem, I was trying to find an article in a thread
that I'd read so it wasn't unread.  I guess I'll have to mark the
thread unread to be able to use 'B'

Yes, that's the issue, I can find things with 'B' that are in unread
articles.

[snip wildcard issues, not the problem]

Thanks Urs

--