[tin-users] Should files in ~/.tin/.news-localhost be cleared out?

Chris Green cl at isbd.net
Tue Sep 22 13:18:54 CEST 2020

I have been looking at my incremental backups and noting what files
seem to use lots of space by changing frequently.

There seem to be lots of moderately large and frequently changing
files in ~/.tin/.news-localhost, currently there are 134 files in
there, many not changed in several years.

So, two questions:-

    Should there be some sort of housekeeping to clear these files out
    at intervals?

    Would the files not be better off in /var somewhere?  Can tin be
    configured to do this?

--
Chris Green