[tin-users] References header threading?

tjp at ctrl-c.club tjp at ctrl-c.club
Fri Feb 10 18:59:22 CET 2023

Are there additional constraints on message-ids to allow threading to
work with `thread_articles=2`?

I'm new to tin and tried this option because some parent/child
relationships were missing with 3 "Both (Subject and References)" and I
find that gives me the same results as 1 "Subject". But with 2
"References" no connections are made at all, and every article is
independent.

The only suspicious thing about my setup here is that the NNTP server is
unorthodox (https://tildegit.org/tjp/iris-news) and the message-ids
don't look typical (instead they are base64-encoded hashes wrapped in
`<` and `>`, so look like `<2aFR+WSuyvQEb8RTQJe8qInB374=>`.

Is there another setting I'm missing? This server is under my control,
should I have it build different-looking message-ids?

Appreciate any help you can provide!

Best,